BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

"...genius only comes along in storms..."

.raindrops wash away my sinful thoughts
as wind empowers the trees with
leaning terror
grass sways to the minor-key melody
of the sky
thunder reminds my heart why it beats
dark clouds shoo away life
or so it seems
as the trees seem to draw energy
and power from the center of the planet,
our indestructible symbols of power and superiority
tremble at the taste of true reign
and for a scene
in our eternal opera of demolition
our status falls,
our caricature of nature
falls
and we loose grip in what we know
to be ours
and we strain to see past this threat
in domination
but as it ends
we brush off,
stand tall,
and continue with our dictatorship of God
but as the coming of genius rolls by
and my heart regains its rhythm
I am forever humbled
by the power
of the rain.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh.
My.
Gosh.
WOW.
This is gorgeous! <33
I love all the poems you posted recently
But this is my fav!
Keep writing! =D

Savy said...

Thanks! I've had a lot of time to write poems, especially when I go out to my gma's field and swing in the hammock and write. It's really beautiful <3