BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 28, 2007

Hilary Clinton

Now you can meet the candidate that's tied in first for my vote with Mitt Romney (see post below) :Hilary Clinton!

(ANOTHER WARNING: SOME DETAILS MAY, YET AGAIN, BE WRONG. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS AND CORRECTIONS)

So, as you probably know, Hilary Clinton is a female. And, as you probably don't know, I am a female. So I can relate. I really like Hilary Clinton. I am also a democrat so that helps too. You know, something I really like about Hilary is her plan for energy independence.

Her three energy goals for America are:
1. Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 80% from 1990, by 2050
2. Cut foriegn oil imports by two thirds by 2030
3. "to move us from a carbon-based economy to an efficient, green economy by unleashing a wave of private-sector innovation in clean energy and energy efficiency. I believe that will create at least five million good new jobs from clean energy over the next decade."

I really like how she explains exactlly what could happen if we meet her goals. Did you know there has been no increase in electricity use per person in California in the past 30 years? Meanwhile, the rest of America has gone up in electricity use 50%!!! If American electricity use had fallen at the same rate as California use, we would be using 43% less electricity today. Clinton also wants to build millions of mini-power plants. She wants to increase the use of compact florescent bulbs which use a quarter of the energy that regular bulbs do and last 5-10 times longer. There are so many great things Clinton has planned, I can't even write them all down. Especially since it's 9:20am on a holiday vacation and I'm one of the laziest people in the world, so I'm feeling very dislexic today.

Another great thing about Clinton is she fully intends on bringing the troops home and stopping the war in Iraq. She plans on bringing home the troops and telling the Iraqis that "unless they do the political work, they are going to be on their own". I do not support the war in Iraq and I DO NOT support Bush so I am very happy on her outlook on the war.

I also would like to briefly bring up the fact that Hilary Clinton lived a day in the shoes of a full time nurse. She saw all the work nurses do. She was only there for a few hours and she was worn out. Nurses work for 12 hours 3 days a week. They have to work 4 days a week once a month. They work on holidays, too. I have great respect for what she did especially since my mother is a nurse. Nurses get 6 patients. A day. It's so much work, they are always on their feet! Guess what? Singing at the Metopolitan Opera pays more than nursing. Singing pays more than saving lives! How wrong is that. How do I know? My father sings at the Met. My mother works at Mount Siani.

Finally, I love Hilary Clinton's personality. She knows how to handle things logically and peacfully. I also love it that she says "When I'm presedent..." instead of "if". She's so real and such a good person. After her nursing day, she went home with the nurse she was following and had dinner with her family. I really like her.

To learn more about Hilary Clinton go to www.hilaryclinton.com

1 comments:

Casey said...

Whoa. My brain is so, like, dead.

Love all the political stuff, even though I can't completely comprehend it.
Guess what! I just learned the word comprehend!!