BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 28, 2007

Mitt Romney

Hello everybody! Sorry I haven't been writing for a while, I had alot to write about, but...I...well I kind of forgot my password. Sad, right? Anyway, I was just looking up Mitt Romney and I found someone's blog on him so I decided to write my own.


(WARNING: I MIGHT BE WRONG ON A FEW DETAILS. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS AND CORRECTIONS IN THE FORM OF A COMMENT)

So, as you probably know, Mitt Romney is Mormon. And, as you probably don't know, I'm Mormon. So, I can relate. What's interesting is sometimes I don't agree with his outlook on things, especially gay marrige. I live in New York and I'm a democrat so you can probably see why. I really do like him, though. I just can't decide between a woman presedent, a Mormon presedent or a black presedent. I don't know enough about Romney to have an arguement with you about him, but I do know a little.

From what I've gathered from his website is that he respects the dead. He wants to completely eliminate death taxes and that's something I really agree with. How rude is it to take taxes from the dead?! That's like if someone died in your house and you stole their wallet. Romney also wants to make the Bush tax cut permanent. I truely have no idea what that means. Stop laughing.

Another of his issues I would like to bring up is energy. I am totally into being energy efficent and going green, but I'm not sure I like his alternative. His plan is to create more nuclear power plants. I haven't really had time to look them up thoroughly, but I get the idea that they're bitter sweet. They do sound energy efficent, but they're not so pretty when it comes to the air and the atmosphere. If a nuclear power plant is operated poorly it can release radioactive toxins into the atmosphere.

Okay, there's no doubt about it, this guy really doesn't like Hilary Clinton. He's always sating things like "Let me tell you what I do, as opposed to what Hilary Clinton would do..." and "The wrong course for Americans is to do what Hilary Clinton suggested..." I like this guy's outlook on education and taxes, but it bugs me that he says things like that. Bringing other people down is a last resort for me. It's for when you're in a desperate situation and that's your best bet.

He's still one of my top three favorites, though. If you want a look at Mitt Romney go to http://www.mittromney.com/ and to learn more about Mormonism and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints go to www.mormon.com

0 comments: