BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Very Epic Weekend

I'm so sorry I haven't been saying anything lately. I've had three projects to work on including homework and my Kaplan course for the Specialized High School Admissions Test (NY is crazy with the amount of high schools we have. Manhattan has AT LEAST twenty in itself, not including specialized). Right now I'm working on my science project for making a scrapbook of letters, diary entries, song lyrics, pictures, tickets, postcards and news articles from a mining town in the 1800's. My town is Leadville, Colorado and I am so behind it takes procrastination to a whole new level (it's due Monday). Mind you I also have a huge math project and a history quiz on Monday.

What I've really been meaning to talk about, though, is my trip to New Hampshire. Last Friday (on the 10th) I took the Amtrack to New Hampshire with my dad to visit our friends. We stayed down there all weekend and came back Monday afternoon only to discover that I couldn't get away with being in NH for 3 1/2 days without being completely immersed in homework for the next seven days until I've actually caught up. But I definitely do not regret going! It was absolutely gorgeous out there and I'd forgotten just how much I missed my friends Erika and Kylee.

First off, all the trees in NH are golden and bright orange and deep red. Leaves are all over the ground and when you look out into woods they look like they're on fire. It's freezing cold out there but I actually really liked it. My room is like a morgue at home so I found the weather out there very enjoyable.

Second off, they have an AMAZING house. AMAZING. It's huge! They're kitchen size should be outlawed. There is so much space! Everywhere you go! The bathroom is awesome, they have those really cool slide doors on their shower. Like, epic. They have pretty small rooms themselves (at least the kids do) which is funny because the guest room is like king size. And they have the cutest dog!!!!! Her name is Nicki (if I spelled it right) and she is by far the most adorable beagle alive. They also have two very pretty cats.

Third off, Erika and Kylee have the coolest parents, the coolest friends and are definitely the most awesome people themselves. I spent all of the weekend on Facebook with Erika learning everything I need to know about all her friends. Nicknames, inside jokes, life stories, family members, you name it. We stopped to eat and go boat riding once on their dad's boat (which was so much wicked awesome fun), but we mainly talked and flipped through school notes and yearbooks. I chatted with a bunch of her friends online, too. Then they had a fair on Sunday and they are both in the marching band and Erika was also on the Nutcracker float (she dances!). So after the parade we had fun at the fair and I met all her friends and I immediately knew EVERYTHING about them and I laughed at all the inside jokes and I retold all the stories they were talking about (like what happened at last year's homecoming). Everyone was really, really fun. They were 15-19 and they didn't even notice I was way young. For example:
Jonmichael or Ali (I can't remember): "Wait, you're thirteen right?"
Me: "Yeah"
Jonmichael: "But you're from New York so that makes you like eighteen"

So I had so much wicked fun and met so many awesome people, it was epic. I know I just like recounted my whole weekend in 20 pages, but I hadn't been so happy and relaxed since.... Never.

Love you all and I probably won't write until next week. See ya!

(P.S. If you are Erika then I have to tell you I actually had the "Slap That" song stuck in my head yesterday. So not okay.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to tell Jonmichael about that. He'll be happy he left such an impression. Unfortunatly, when I tell him he'll probably start singing it again.... Ah, well. I guess that's how it has to be.

Savy said...

Lol I told him about that on FB

Anonymous said...

sounds like it was a nice trip. even if there was homework afterwards!

I've always loved the east coast. Never actually been, but I drool at the pictures in books. It has so much more nature than the west...

it's always great meeting up with old friends! I'm glad you had a good time =]

Anonymous said...

i think the songs "smack that"
your huse you stayed at had a slide in the shower???
im going to ask you at colledge
by

Anonymous said...

no sorry i found the song you were singing
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/crazyforyou/slapthatbass.htm