He said let there be light
and there was light
He said let there be sound
and there was sound
Let there be drums!
and there were drums
Let there be gui-tar!
and there was guitar
Let there be ROCK!
That is the song that the animated character from the Rock Band 2 game sang in between every break for each band. Yes, this is the long-waited-for review of my Panic (which was really a Rock Band Live concert, sorry for misleading you) concert.
This is what I wrote in my journal the day after the concert: [WARNING: If you've noticed that I write a lot think about this: I am keeping in mind that I have people who actually read my stuff. Now think about the fact that nobody reads my journal. So please, it's totally fine if you skip some parts because in my journal I actually used up 9 pages. Yeah. Also, some of the videos are not complete, but they are of the best quality I could find.]
************
November 3, 2008 Monday 2:34pm
Oh my gosh. I went to a Rock Band Live concert yesterday!!! Sarah and I went with my dad. It was at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. When we got there we had to stand in line in the cold while GA people got to go through their "special door"[VIP door]. Ugh. I am SO stalking Fall Out Boy until I get GA to their concert. [I'm tired of getting seats! I did that at the My Chem concert, too! MY CHEM!]
So we took our seats at the back [grrr...] of the venue and watched the opening band, Light's Result. I have to say, they weren't very good. And they were from NYC and that made us look bad. [lol]
After Light's Result there was a break and then The Cab came on stage.
Another short break followed their act and then Plain White T's came on.
They were so good! They sang two songs I know (Our Time Now and Hey There, Delilah) along with others that were just fun to listen to. They were the only ones that acknowledged the fact that NY people were there too.
lead singer: "How many people out here are actually from New York?"
NY fans: "Woooooooh!
lead singer: "Oh, shit."
And he made sure to call us NY/NJ.
Of course, Hey There, Delilah is a song about a girl going to school in NYC so he made a contest between NY and NJ for who can sing louder.
During each of the
breaks, Rock Band 2 was playing on the screen [only the characters, not the game. Yet.] and we got to watch fake people "perform" our fave tunes. But in the breaks between PWT's and Dashboard, and Dashboard and Panic,
second band sang (a song I know, but can't thinkn of the name). After that it was Dashboard Confessional!
During Dashboard's first song, everyone was watching the screen behind them because it was a guy spray painting a wall. [he started by writing "Dashboard Confessional and then wrote over and over and
then...] Each picture and color [flowed] into something else until finally, by the end of the song, it was a red-outlined tree with one apple
hanging from it and a gree city behind it. In the white space where the leaves would be there was "Dashboard Confessional". But every song Dashboard sang had a different backround. [I tried to take pictures as much as I could, but my battery was running out and I wanted to take pics of Panic, too!] One of the songs had a guy doing a card trick where the cards had lyrics on them and it was an amazing trick. The lead singer sadi he'd give $11 to anyone who could figure it out. No one did.
Speaking of Dashboard's lead singer, he was hilarious! He made this joke about how he was a shower for Halloween and he walked around naked with a "shower thing" on his head.
"I'll be wearing it after the show so come see me if anyone wants to... shower up"
They played for the longest and they were the LOUDEST! It was painful! [but fun!]
They sang So What [by P!ink] because he had it stuck in his head, lol XD.
For the break in between DC and Panic, two more Rock Band bands played. The first on ewas from Ny [representin!] and they played a song from the Red Hot Chili Peppers but I forgot what it was called. The second band was from NJ and they played a song form Bon Jovi, but I forgot that title, too >.< (sorry, short term memory loss!)
Oh, by the way, I finally got Sarah to stand up during PWT's because she wouldn't stand up for The Cab. Then again, I think this was her first rock concert so she wasn't used to it (ha ha, I talk like I've been going to concerts for years when my first and only concert before this one was in May).
So finally Panic At The Disco came on. Everyone knew most of the people came for them.Oh. My. Gosh. Can you say amazing?! They're great! And Brendon and Ryan were HILARIOUS! They played We're So Starving to start us off. And before I say anything more I have to write a list of the songs they played [not in order] before I forget.
[vid. 2]
-Nine In The Afternoon
-That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed) [Lying is included]
Okay, I'm really not sure of the order, but all I know is We're So Starving came first and Shout came last.
Almost every song (at least every song from Pretty. Odd.) was modified or changed with an extra guitar and/or voice parts. And I have to give Panic an award for being the only band who can change their songs live and not be a disappointment and Brendon an award for being able t improv and still be amazing! Brendon improvs all the time but his harmonies always work.
Lying Is The Most Fun.... was a lot of fun [lol] to dance to. Sarah was singing that on the way over so we were excited to have them play it. Of course, all the songs from Fever were undeniably fun to dance to.
Brendon let the audience sing the audience sing the whole first verse to I Write Sins... alone. We were all like "...the poor groom's bride is a WHORE!" and Brendon said "Yeah!" before we all (including Brendon) broke out into the chorus.
I'm not going to review every song [I know you're all like "Thank God!"] (mostly because I don't remember everything) but I am going to say that at the end of When The Day Met The Night Brendon played an extra set of drums along with Spencer and added this amazing drum part.
So before they sang their last song, Ryan asked everyone how they liked the previous band. Lol, it went like this
Ryan: "How did everyone like The Cab? Pretty good looking group of guys if you ask me."
Crowd: (mix of cheers, wolf-whistling, "woah!"s and laughing)
And for their last song.....
You make me wanna.... SHOUT! Put my hands up and Shout!
Brendon was so much fun! Everyone stood up and jumped up and down, throwing their hands in the air. He showed us four dances to do 1) rock hips side to side 2) move hips back and forth (this was SO funny to see Brendon do) 3) wave (he did a really spastic wave) [lol] 4) two-step. Then he continued with the song and at the end we left we all this ringing in our ears and none from Brendon on our fingers ;)
My Fave:
1)Panic At The Disco
2)Plain White T's
3) Dashboard Confessional or The Cab
4) Light's Result
Till next time!
reinvent <3
************

8 comments:
gosh, sounds like a bunch of fun.
i've still only bee to one concert...it was awesome but i'd lve to see more.
Eeek. I would've spent the entire time in Newark exploring to find out where Gerard and Mikey used to hang out. xD I have no self control in that area. Haha.
Haha I know I was thinking about that! You should have seen me at Newark airport with my chorus. I was running around to everyone saying "Gerard Way was born here! And then he moved to Newark and his brother was born and...."
lol :D
Sounds like an amazing night! =D
I saw PATD on the Honda Civic Tour and they were amazing live!
My sister will be jealous that you saw The Cab live ;) She's a huge fan. She wanted to go to the Rock Band tour when it came our way, but it didn't happen for us.
Sounds like an awesome time! =D The video of "Shout" was so cute ;)
lol sarah is so chicken how can you repesent NEW YORK and not dance like come on. the olny 2 songs i have by PWT are our time now and hey there deliah. panic is my fave band even betta then... mcr lol tell me in skool what u think of that savy
muhahaha *evil laugh* Guitar hero 4is way betta then rockband 2 and did you hear about the rockband battle concert? see u in school...
Well I really like Panic and I know not EVERYONE can like MCR so I'm actually not mad at you. And ROCKBAND IS BETTER!
dang it ima gonna get u one day ONE DAY
amy sounds mad cool because shes a virgo haha savys not its so fun leaving random comments on ur blog like PIE ROCKS and LOOK AT THE SCARY CAT SAVY
Post a Comment