BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 10, 2009

"...show me what it's like to dream in black and white..."

On Monday I got to spend some time with my dad. We went to the movies together and saw Slumdog Millionaire. It was so amazing! I love that movie! It was so moving to see the slums in India and all the children and what they go through. It's really humbling considering all the things we have here in America that we take for granted.


Then we movie hopped (yes, I movie hopped with my dad. And for the record, it was his idea lol) into Watchmen. Actually, he was going to take me into The Last House On The Left, but with previous reviews of that movie coming to mind I didn't want to be scarred for life :P. So we saw Watchmen and I am sorry to say, I was very disappointed. The plot was kind of confusing at first and there was a lot of strange and unnecessary sex scenes lol. Actually, when I finally figured out exactly what was going on, I realized it was kind of boring. Especially since the only exciting part came at the very end and there was no real plot until the second half of the movie. Sorry for being so harsh on poor Watchmen, maybe it's just because I haven't read the comics. I liked Rorschach, though and the story was good, I just wish that there would have been more back round of their old crime fighting days.

So that was Monday. Wednesday, our grade took a trip to the Bronx Zoo. It was freezing cold and snowed for a majority of the trip, but it was still fun to hang out outside of school with all my friends.

Spring break has already brought a sleepover my way! Last night I went to Michael's house and Adrian, Casey, Lizzy, Michael and I played Gears Of War 2 all night long until AD (Adrian) had to leave and then us girls stayed up playing "Would You Rather..." and "If We Were Stuck On A Desert Island With People We All Knew, Who Would We Use For What?". It was really fun! We decided Casey would be used to make pretty children, Michael would tell stories and help figure out strategies and things, Lizzy would watch for boats/helicopters and be in charge of the fire, and I would burn the dead bodies. Do not ask how I got landed with that job. Particularly because I would have to tell you that it was my idea :P

I've been liking the weather in NYC lately. No one else seems to be liking it, though. Even though it's spring, it's been very cold and rainy. The weather has been my favorite this week though because it's that on-the-chilly-side temperature with that bluish gray sky. You know, that about-to-rain feeling? I love that type of weather. It's so peaceful because there's hardly anyone outside and it's very quiet (in NYC terms) and I just love to turn off all the lights in my apartment and sit in the living room with the gray light dimly illuminating the floor. I can see the reflection of the window on the floor and I sit and listen to my neighbors upstairs (?) playing the piano. This one person practices the piano a lot and it's really interesting because I can hear them getting progressively better each time they play. I'm actually listening to them right now and I really do have to say that they're getting really good, hardly any mess ups.

For some reason I find it amazing that I've been listening to this person learn piano pieces and practicing and practicing and getting really good. I can hear when they stop and redo a part ad when they get it just right. My mom used to play the piano really well when she was younger and it reminds her of practicing the same songs. I think it's fascinating to hear someone work really hard at something they love and hear them get better and better and it feels like I have this connection to this person. To think one day I could be reading about some famous concert pianist and it could be my neighbor. I know I seem to be exaggerating, but isn't that how everyone starts off? Acting out your favorite parts in movies in your room, singing in the shower and when no one's around, drawing sketches in your free time, dancing in your garage, practicing on the family piano. And then one day your an actor, a Broadway star, an artist, a ballerina, a concert pianist. And when a reporter asks you how you got started, you answer with "I always had this dream when I was a kid..."

So if they can do it, why can't we? We're kids(/teenagers), we have dreams, so what's stopping us? So many people make the mistake that their idols, their heroes, are so different from themselves. But we all have dreams, right?

So this is for fugi, my triple threat actor friend
Casey, the first woman in the Special Forces
Jason, the most famous guitarist in the world
Amy, the famous ballerina

and all of my other friends whose dreams I may not know, but may they come true no matter what!

4 comments:

meh said...

I 100% agree with you about the weather in NYC lately. I actually think its pretty great. perfect for long walks, especially in Central Park.

I miss you too!! <3

Jenna said...

i'm sorry you didn't like watchmen :'(
i think it would have helped a lot if you had read the comics first. that's kind of the general consensus with what i've heard from people who haven't read it before seeing the movie ... confusing.

i highly recommend reading the books (: so good. SO good.

Mohita Saxena said...

Wishing you many more such wonderful memories,,girlie..

You have a long way to go,I am sure!

Love your blog.

Annie ♥ said...

Hey, you are actually a really good writer. And you like My Chemical Romance. awesome. you should check out my blog sometime when you've got nothing better to do. I know I'm like a complete stranger and all but I'm bored...

xoxo
Annie