BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

...if the world needs something better, let's give them one more reason how...

Do you remember the article about the 13-year-old girl hanging herself? Well, My Chem has spoken! Here is what they posted on their website:



23 May 2008- 6:29 pm
A Message From My Chemical Romance

We have recently learned of the suicide and tragic loss of Hanna Bond. We'd like to send our condolences to her family during this time of mourning. Our hearts and thoughts are with them.

My Chemical Romance are and always have been vocally anti-violence and anti-suicide. As a band, we have always made it one of our missions through our actions to provide comfort, support, and solace to our fans. The message and theme of our album "The Black Parade" is hope and courage. Our lyrics are about finding the strength to keep on living through pain and hard times. The last song on our album states: "I am not afraid to keep on living"- a sentiment that embodies the band's position on hardships we all face as human beings. If you or anyone you know have feelings of depression or suicide, we urge you to find your way and your voice to deal with these feelings positively.


Are these guys not amazing? Not only did they give advice to fans, they didn't even defend themselves! They went straight to sending their condolences and talking about hope, courage, anti-violence and anti-suicide. I really respect them for not dissing the authors of those accusatory and biased articles. I really want to share a video of Gerard speaking about anti-suicide at a concert in Canada. (Unfortunately, my computer is messing up so please just go to the website)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBJbu6paJA&eurl

I also wanted to inform of a really amazing website dedicated to thanking My Chem for all they have done and the influence they have made in people's life. (my story is under Acceptance- May 29 by Savy) Here it is: www.thankyoumcr.com

Please spread the word, the website and the video to all your friends. Give them links to this post or write a post of your own. We all want MCR to know how much they have done for us.

Will post again tomorrow! Have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

I dont see your story on TYMCR! :'(

Jenna said...

Just kidding I found your story! But it's under "Acceptance", not "New Horizons" ;)

Savy said...

Oops! Thx I'll change it.