BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"...so this is Christmas..."

The concert was amazing! I'll write about it soon, but right now I am swamped with last minute things to do for Christmas.


Today my mom made peanut butter fudge for my class. It was so good! My mom is an amazing baker. For Christmas she always makes fudge, fruit cake, coconut peaks, peanut brittle, ginger bread cookies and ham. My grandma makes pasteles every year. Oh my goodness, I LOVE pasteles, they are the BEST! I can't wait to eat and hang out with my family on Christmas.

Today I gave out all my Christmas presents to my friends. I love seeing the look on people's faces when they get something they really want. Their eyes light up and they thank you and wear/use their gift all day long. I love making people happy! I should put up a picture of Skylar in the hat I gave him, he looks great in it ;)

At 3pm Casey and I went to high tea with our mothers. Casey's mom has four kids, so it was really a treat for her to relax without them around. We went to Lady Mendl's which is an adorable Bed & Breakfast place in an old building on Irving Place. They serve a five course tea also. The inside is decorated like an old Victorian house and it's so cozy inside. The place is gorgeous and the food was delicious! We had salad, finger sandwiches, scones (with English clotted cream and fruit preserves), cake, and assorted cookies and chocolate-dipped strawberries. Casey and I had lavender mint tea and it was SO good! Afterwards we shopped at an outdoor Christmas market. It was a great way to celebrate the holiday season with good friends of ours ("ours" being my mom and I).

Here are some things to enjoy Christmas with and I hope you all have a great Christmas and happy holidays!

Movies:
Charlie Brown Christmas
The Nativity Story
Teletubbies Christmas Special (you will laugh hysterically)
The Nightmare Before Christmas
How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Music:
Celine Dion's album These Are Special Times
Luther Vandross' album This Is Christmas
Michael Bolton's album This Is The Time: The Christmas Album
Straight No Chaser's album Holiday Spirits
All I Want For Christmas Is You- My Chemical Romance

To Do:
Make someone smile! Make someone feel the spirit of Christmas.

Love you all! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas!

Can't wait to hear about the concert, I bet it was amazing.

Oooh. I'm actually listening to that Celine Dion album right now. It's so pretty especially her versions of Ave Maria and Happy Christmas (War Is Over).

Jenna said...

It sounds like you had an awesome Christmas! xD

I'm patiently waiting for that review, too!
I bet the show was spectacular!
=D