BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 15, 2008

"...from yesterday..."

Books I'm reading: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer; Beachglass by Wendy Blackburn
Movies I've watched: The Breakfast Club, The Woods, The Sixth Sense
Music I've been listening to: Phobia (album) by Breaking Benjamin; Angel by Sarah McLachlan; A Fever You Can't Sweat Out (album) by Panic! At The Disco; Lake Pontchartrain by Ludo; Angels On the Moon by Thriving Ivory; I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow and Didn't Leave Nobody but the Baby from O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Poems I've Been Writing: Sweet Serenity; Reflection of the World
Things I should be doing right now: summary of Evernight; summary of my summer; reflection on the concerts I saw in Canada; typing up some of my poems

Hey everyone! Yesterday was a great day. I did my book cover for school on Evernight (now I just have to finish the summary) and I read Twilight while drinking tea and watching the rain. Then my dad came over and we ate dinner and watched The Breakfast Club and The Woods. The Breakfast Club is a movie about five high school kids who get stuck in detention together one day after school. They all come form different "groups" i.e. one girl is "emo", the other is popular and rich, one boy is a jock, one guy is a nerd and the last guy is a rebel who comes from a so called "white trash" family. They all have personal issues going on at home and they eventually all confide in each other. They all become friends in the end. I know the ending sounds cheesy but it's a surprisingly deep and meaningful movie that's really good.
The woods was just about this boarding school where the girls are disappearing and no one knows why. It was actually pretty cool, I liked how the coloring of the movie was dim and slightly vintage like you weren't sure if they were really there.

Unfortunately, I must do my school work now. Ugh. I'll write more tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to see the Breakfast Club. I've seen the beginning but that's about it.

Wow. Thanks so much for adding me to your blog list >.< that's very nice of you!

Savy said...

just returning the favor!

Anonymous said...

I looooove Thriving Ivory. They're up for Yahoo "Who's Next". If they win, Yahoo brings Thriving Ivory into their studio for an exclusive performance.

Everyone vote here: http://thrivingivory.com/yahoo/index.asp?r=blogs

Savy said...

Very cool! I have to vote!