Hey what's up? I know you all care about me so much that you would die to know where I've been. You can't eat, you don't talk to your friends, you're distracted from your favorite activities and you lie awake at night wondering "When is Savy going to post on Blogger again? Has she forgotten all about us?" But fortunately, you don't have endure this much longer. Because here I am!
Well, if you have been lying awake wondering about me (if so I advice some real friends and a little therapy for you) I'll tell you that I've been in NY going to YPC vocal camp. Monday through Thursday all choristers from the Concert Chorus, Young Men and Cantare divisions of the YPC are told o attend "vocal camp" from 11am-4pm. So our schedule goes a little like this:
11:00am-11:20am- free time
11:30am-12:30pm- written music theory
12:30pm-1:30pm- dance
1:30pm-2:15pm- lunch
2:15pm-3:00pm- rehearsal
3:00pm-3:30pm- sight singing or voice lesson
3:30pm-4:00pm- tutti activity
Vocal camp has been really great this year. I'm really learning how to read music and sight sing which I find very helpful. Today we had a conducting class in place of music theory which was fun. Yesterday we had a voice lesson (which we're also having tomorrow) and I really learned a lot about breathing techniques. Don't laugh! Breathing is hard when you're breathing to sing; it's different than just consuming oxygen.
It was also really fun to see all my friends again, even though they're all moving up to Concert Chorus :(
7 days! Eeek! I go back to school in a WEEK. *shudders at the thought* And I don't even know my teacher! I know what room I'm in, but rumor has it that that teacher isn't working at the school anymore and apparently some James guy is taking his place. I hope I like him! I still have to write a response to the concerts I saw in Canada. Ugh. lol I am such a procrastinator!
See you all later!
Buy Now AMERICAN TORCH TIP 124-0042 Liner Assembly, 124-0042 Before Too Late
-
Should you be looking for reviews about torches, then this is where to find
it. AMERICAN TORCH TIP 124-0042 Liner Assembly, 124-0042 might be your best
cho...
8 years ago

2 comments:
Oooh sounds like fun =D
I took voice lessons a year or so ago, and agree that yes, breathing is the hardest part. I just about passed out after my first lesson, but then again I have a hard time breathing all the time >//<. My friends and teachers are always reminding me that "You know breathing is sorta important Amy. . ." xD I'm hopeless.
Haha anyways, enjoy the remainder of your summer!!!
lol thx!
Post a Comment