BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

An Awesome Poem

Midnight Serenade
A Love Song For The Lonely Hearts

A coyote's song breaks through the jet black night
Its moroseful cry mimics the shaky beating of my lonely heart
I look at the stars, blazing white-hot against an inky dark
And wish my eyes could somehow reflect the same brilliant glow
My stomach turns and I wonder if I may have fallen ill
Before I realize it is your memory alone that makes me feel this way
Close my eyes, count to ten, wait for the butterflies to find their peace
Open them again, exhale slowly, regain composure
And try to chose the lesser of two evils -
Live again, breath again, every day, without you
Or die slowly with your image forever in my mind

~cowgirl4christ

1 comments:

Jenna said...

I cant believe you quoted my poem! lol
I'm flattered! Thanks!